Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Alice in Wonderland


Disney and Tim Burton have made an Alice in Wonerland movie which is due for release in 2010.

The story follows Alice who is now 17, returning to Wonderland for he second time despite having no recolection of her first visit. After attending a party in the real world, Alice is unexpectedly proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty aristocrats, she runs off following the White Rabbit back to Wonderland.

Johnny Deep plays the Mad Hater, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, Helen Bonham Carter stars as the Red Queen and Alice is played by Australian actress Mia Wasikowska.



This is a Walt Disney china figurine that my Nanny gave to me when I was very little girl. I have always adored it and it is one of my most treasured keepsakes. The colours are still bright and I love the composition. I was in my school play 'Alice through the looking glass"in my final year of High school and my part was the Carpenter, it was rather fun.


My Alice in Wonderland chess set that I bought must have been nearly 20 years ago. It was not cheap but when I saw it I just had to have it, the attention to detail in the hand painting is so lovely. It has been packed away for the last five years whilst we finished all the building work on the house. I was rumaging through the loft and found it, what a lovely surprise! So now it is on display and occasionally gets used.

As you can see I am a little bit of a fan when it comes to Alice in Wonderland, Faye and I are looking forward to a girls visit to the cinema when it is released.

1 comment:

Sabine said...

So nice to see my figurine on another blog! I bought mine about 16 years ago in a Disney souvenir shop in Antwerp, Belgium. It is also in my daughters room.
Your blog is wonderful, nice to discover it.