Pages

Monday 29 November 2010

Country Cottage Cushions


Me and my 1958 singer sewing machine spent the weekend making cushions, I thought it about time to add some country cottage chic to the sofa and cosy it up in time for Christmas. It has been so hot here in WA that the aircon has been on in the day and the ceiling fans whirring at night, I still have not got used to the heat and on my Facebook friends back in the UK had photos of snow in their gardens. A sneaky union jack cushion managed to make it into the mix.





It's been many many years since I last made a cushion and these were a little more complicated then just a front/back/frill, which is what I had intended. I made pillow case backs for ease and decided to do a little more then just plain backs too. Now I have the sewing bug, hmmmm what can I make next.........

3 comments:

helle said...

Ooh, I just adore your creations, especially the ruffled ones!

Have a nice week

Helle

martienn said...

ou, like ur blog ! :D
is very very very cute !
notes are very interesting ;**


if you want follow me and write comment ;*

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous
Love the prints you mixed together.
Glad to hear your spending a bit of time in the Uk
again, happy 2011!
Kat x